Spring 2020 update:
Coronavirus update – classes for existing students will continue – please use common sense and hygiene guidelines. The following info regarding new classes will apply once the current situation is over. Thank you for your interest and support.
Our classes are fairly full coming out of the winter, so the Intro 3 classes will not be running every month. We are delighted to add names to our waitlist, but before taking up a place we request that you come and watch a lesson and get a feel for the place. We enjoy our long term relationships with our students and it is better to get an understanding ahead, for if:
- you/your child can cope with a real live horse/pony and what is involved with its care (maybe getting dirty)
- the program matches your aspirations
- the drive is further to the barn that you realized
Come out and visit the farm, with the following thoughts.
- watch a lesson, there is typically something happening each day after school and Saturday mornings. Refer to the calendar for other times or we can suggest a suitable lesson. Note there are no lessons on the 29th, 30th or 31st of the month.
- don’t disturb lessons or barn work going on,
- do not touch the horses – they are adorable but we need them handled in a certain way.
- make yourself known to us but we can’t guarantee to stop to visit – we are sure you understand.
Short Boots will restart in March 2020.
Parties are available year round but note that the horse trailers do not go out on the roads if there is snow or ice.
If you’d like to request a date or ask any questions about lessons or parties, please fill in the online enquiry form below. We spend a lot of time in the barn with horses and clients and so are not able to answer phone enquiries.
Also, since we do not have dedicated administrative staff, please be patient while waiting for a reply – we work long into the evenings answering emails. However if more than 4 days have passed, please send a new message in case we missed it. Your interest is important to us.
If you have already scheduled your INTRO 3 lesson package or booked a party, please print and fill out the release form to save time when you arrive at the barn – thank you! KF release form pdf